Saturday, September 14, 2013

(Or Lust)

I said "I love you" for the first time on a day like this.
The brisk air enveloped me;
I was drunk on moonbeams.
(Or lust)

The trees weren't sure whether to change or not.
The cool nights had only just begun.
In just one more month, they'd be shedding their outer layers.
The shield their leaves form - gone.
Leaving them exposed.

I flippantly gave my heart away on a night like this.
I forgot that the walls that had taken years to form
Had cracks in their foundations.
Love (or lust) had worked their way in through them.
It only took a few months for the walls to crumble.

A year later on a day like this
I am in the process of rebuilding those walls.
The foundations are stronger this time.
I forevermore cautious of intoxication (or lust).

No comments:

Post a Comment